Pochettino leads race to replace Zidane at Madrid

Adjust Comment Print

Leading Liverpool to the Champions League final, and a 3-1 defeat to Real last Saturday, won't have done any harm to Klopp's chances of joining the Spanish giants.

Firstly, Pochettino's success has been built around a work ethic and mentality not appearing to fit into the ethos of Real Madrid. A year later he led Real to their first European Cup and La Liga double in 59 years.

After Real Madrid won the Champions League the third consecutive time, Ronaldo used the opportunity to make the night all about himself amid rumours of his departure from Los Blancos, saying that he was unsure about what the future holds for him.

Separately, disappointed with Zinedine Zidane's abrupt decision to leave Real Madrid, which he has managed for several years, the 33-year-old took to Instagram to post his heartfelt goodbye: "All I feel is pride at having been your player". "Now I want to focus on planning for next season, and keep myself a bit away from all that is being said".

Harry, Meghan give back $12m in gifts
Stella McCartney's sales also increased tenfold on the day after the wedding compared with the day before. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle may be one of the world's most-photographed couples right now.

Wenger also explained his decision to reject offers to become Real Madrid's head coach on more than one occasion.

Real Madrid have reportedly launched an "all-out onslaught" to hire Mauricio Pochettino as Zinedine Zidane's replacement, while Germany boss Joachim Low has also been contacted.

Madrid sports daily AS said after the final that Zidane was "the architect of this glorious and possibly unrepeatable era".

"But I think if they offer Spurs £50m and he wanted to go, stranger things have happened in football".

IPL betting scam: Salman Khan's brother Arbaaz summoned, Twitter bets he'll escape
It purportedly had the phone numbers of more than 100 bookies, the name of a Bollywood celebrity, contractors and builders. Apparently, Khan was blackmailed into paying crores, the threat being that his gambling habit would be exposed.

"You have to accept his decision and just thank Zidane for everything he has done", he said.

Zidane has now won nine trophies since replacing Rafael Benitez in the Santiago Bernabeu dugout in January 2016. "It ended well for me when I was a player and it's ended well for me as a manager".

"I don't see myself continuing to win this year and I am a victor, I don't like to lose", said Zidane, who was under contract with Real until 2020.

"This is a handsome moment as we have just won a third straight Champions League and I have now reflected and made this decision".

New Zealand Plans To Kill 150,000 Cows
The government will take care of 68% of this cost, while DairyNZ and Beef + Lamb New Zealand will handle the other 32%. The Government earlier said phased eradication involved ongoing depopulation and included any new infected properties.

Comments