Gunmen kill 7 in attack on bus carrying Christian pilgrims in Egypt

Adjust Comment Print

Those attacks left at least 100 people dead and led to tighter security around Christian places of worship and Church-linked facilities.

Church spokesperson Bouls Halim told The Associated Press news agency the death toll was likely to rise.

The security officials said the attackers opened fire on the two buses carrying pilgrims from Bani Suef and Sohag provinces, also south of Cairo.

Egyptians check on their relative, who was wounded after gunmen attacked a bus carrying Coptic Christians, at the Sheikh Fadel hospital in Beni Mazar on November 2, 2018. ISIS claimed responsibility for that attack.

'Big Guns' Come Out in Georgia's Governor Race
Vice President Mike Pence is in Georgia today to stump for Kemp and President Donald Trump will be in the state this weekend.

Isil killed more than 40 people in twin church bombings in April 2017 and a month later shot dead 28 Christians in Minya province as they headed to a monastery on a bus.

Egypt's President Abdel-Fattah El-Sisi issued a statement on his official Facebook page shortly after the attack mourning the victims, vowing to continue the war against terrorism.

A man screams beside a bus carrying Coptic Christians which came under attack outside Cairo.

Gunmen killed at least seven Coptic Christians in Egypt as they were traveling on a bus near a monastery - the most serious assault on the religious minority in over a year.

Ariana Grande slams ex-fiancé Pete Davidson on Twitter
We all remember the "birth control" statement when Pete said he had switched out her contraceptive pills with tic-tacs. Though Rogers, 24, quickly declines, Davidson responds by saying he's "0-3", poking fun at his failed relationships.

Egypt's government imposed a three-month countrywide state of emergency after the April 2017 church bombings.

Egypt's Christians, who account for some 10 percent of the country's 100 million people, complain of discrimination in the Muslim majority country. The previous attack in May 2017 left almost 30 people dead.

Dubbed "Sinai 2018", the military campaign has killed more than 450 militants, according to the army.

Egypt says fighting Islamist militants is a priority to restore security after the years of turmoil that followed the Arab Spring protests in 2011.

Washington Vows to Hold Accountable Khashoggi Killers, Others Involved in Murder
A source close to the Saudi Royal Palace told CNN last week that the location of Khashoggi's body was not known to the Saudis. Khashoggi's family rejected the characterization in a statement to the newspaper.

Comments