NBC, Fox and Facebook stop running Trump caravan ad

Adjust Comment Print

NBCUniversal said Monday that it is pulling President Donald Trump's controversial anti-immigrant campaign advertisement - hours after the spot ran prominently during "Sunday Night Football".

"After further review, we recognize the insensitive nature of the ad and have chose to cease airing it across our properties as soon as possible", Joe Benarroch, a spokesperson for NBC's advertising sales department, said in a statement Monday. The ad features a Mexican man-Luis Bracamontes-who was convicted of killing two California deputies earlier this year.

"A lot of things are offensive", he told reporters before departing for a series of campaign rallies.

Donald Trump Jr. called CNN "fake news" for the decision, but the network said they couldn't run a "racist" advertisement. He made no mention of Fox News's decision.

Diablo: Immortal will go dungeon crawling on Android; pre-register now
Anyone who logs into Battle.net on or before November 18 can claim the game's vanilla version at this site and keep it for free. Hopefully the sting of Diablo Immortal will be assuaged by the Warcraft III: Reforged announcement.

"After further review we recognize the insensitive nature of the ad and have chose to cease airing it across our properties as soon as possible", read a network statement.

Fox News reached a similar decision the day before, Marianne Gambelli, the network's president of ad sales, said in a statement Monday. Last week, he announced he was sending more than 5,200 troops to the U.S.'s southern border despite the caravan being weeks away and posing no known threat.

CNN previously had declined to run the advert, which it described as "racist". "While the video is allowed to be posted on Facebook, it can not receive paid distribution", a Facebook's spokesperson said in a statement to CNET. But Trump has made the correlation many times, including during his June 2015 announcement, in Trump Tower, that he was running for president.

Facebook has also chose to stop selling advertising space to the clip, although users will still be able to share it on their accounts.

USA sanctions on Iran oil officially begins
Details of the sanctions will be released at a news conference scheduled for 8:30 a.m. But Mr Rouhani struck a defiant tone, saying that Iran would "continue selling oil".

Trump's campaign manager, Brad Parscale, tweeted that NBC News, CNN and Facebook had chosen "to stand with those ILLEGALLY IN THIS COUNTRY". "We have a lot of ads, and they certainly are effective, based on the numbers that we're seeing". He said the media was trying to control what you see and think.

Trump's broader argument in the ad is obvious: we don't know who is coming into our country.

"This ad violates Facebook's advertising policy against sensational content so we are rejecting it", a Facebook spokesperson said in a statement.

Spice Girls announce huge reunion tour minus Victoria Beckham
The Spice Girls look set to announce a United Kingdom arena tour for 2019 with four of the band rejoining for the major event. The announcement came early Monday morning via a brand new Twitter handle seemingly created to release the big news.

Comments